The payments Accountant effectively completes all payment processes, including payments to vendors, affiliates, properties, payment service providers or customers with accuracy and within a timely manner.
This is a temporary position.
The Payments Accountant is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare all reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP and covering the Sox framework
- Process pay-outs to vendors, affiliates, outsource service providers, properties and customer (related to disputes)
- Ensure payments are processed in a timely manner
- Reconcile transactions with accuracy and in a timely manner, assist with the month end closing processes
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to ensure alignment on processes and share knowledge and best practice
- Identify and follow-up on process opportunities directly impacting daily activities within the team
- Support with team projects for process innovation and improvement, actively test and implement new tools and software
- Support the Payment Finance teams to live its vision and take steps in accordance with the roadmap and OKRs (objectives & key results)
- Build effective connections with key stakeholders within the GFO and IT teams
- Proactively maintain and develop technical knowledge in order to execute tasks effectively
Please note that this list of duties is not exhaustive and you may be required to complete ad-hoc tasks as requested by your manager.
- MSc., or Bachelor degree in Finance
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Strong computer skills
- 2+ years of relevant job experience (in AP, AR or Credit Control)
- Experience working with SAP
Being able to cope with dynamic and high change environment
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Payments Accountant (Temporary). Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.