Booking.com B.V. (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Payment Fraud Operations Manager. The goal of Fraud Operations is to proactively protect, prevent, detect and respond to fraudulent behavior. The team is responsible for managing fraud and abuse threats across the business operations globally. Continuous improvement on detection and response capabilities is key. Fraud Operations is part of the Security department within Technology.
We are searching for a Payment Fraud Operations Manager who is highly motivated to manage the Fraud Operations team and bringing payment risk management to the next level. You will proactively manage and mitigate payment fraud and will be focused on supporting the team to work on operations, innovation, adapt to change and maintain industry performance standards. You will maintain industry knowledge of performance drivers and ecommerce payment risk trends. You will work closely with the other fraud and abuse teams and business partners across the organization to deliver the best payment fraud detection and minimize customer and partner impact.
This role requires a strong combination of leadership, analytical and communication skills.
As a Payment Fraud Operations Manager, you are responsible for leading a team of Fraud Analysts who investigate, take action related to fraud escalations and proactively define and stop new fraud threats.
Your role is to support your team members and help them to grow towards their individual and company goals. You get things done by influencing, not through authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to get the best for our customers and partners. You take full ownership on potential incident management.
You provide support to strategic decisions related to the fraud roadmap and optimize the team products, processes and approach.
- Monitor and improve operational efficiency & excellence of the Fraud Operations team.
- Set operational goals for Fraud Operations that align with company priorities.
- Hire, develop and retain fraud talent from around the world.
- Provide developmental and positive feedback, as well as technical and coaching advice.
- Be an effective Change Manager, leading the team through periods of change, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviors.
- Organize team structure to achieve strategic business priorities.
- Solve problems and issues within the team.
- Gain agreement across the business through gathering input, exploring ideas and influencing towards the outcome that adds the most value to the business
- Inform senior managers on strategic topics.
- Support analysts to develop and implement effective fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring appropriate balance between customer/partners experience, risk and operational costs.
- Undertake strategic workload analysis and support the Fraud Operations team to prioritize in a practical way based on impact and risk.
- Supports product development to mitigate abuse and payment risk ensuring that company operates within the thresholds set out by the card schemes
- Lead payment fraud incidents/crisis by assessing impact and working with business partners and technical teams to limit exposure and solve the problem.
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- 5+ years of experience in risk management in a card not present environment, with extensive knowledge of the Payment Card Industry .
- 3+ years management, mentoring and coaching experience within a global company
- Working knowledge of SQL and Hadoop
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills and ability to analyse large data sets and attention to detail
- Experience with working on large scale websites
- Great communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on attitude
- Crisis management experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus
- No 9-5 mentality
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to environment changes
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Payment Fraud Operations Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.