Booking.com B.V. (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Team Lead Partner Abuse. The goal of the Partner Abuse Team is to stimulate positive behavior of our partners in order to maintain a healthy relationship. The Partner & Guest Abuse Team is part of the Security department within Technology, and is responsible to monitor behavior of Booking.com partners and guests, and implement controls to detect and prevent any type of abusive behavior or fraud.
We are searching for a Team Lead who is highly motivated to manage the Partner Abuse Team and who can challenge the team in their day to day work as well as inspire, stimulate and develop each individual. You will ensure that the operations run smoothly and you will support the team to work on innovation and abuse mitigation. You will work closely with the other fraud and abuse teams and business partners across the organization to deliver the best abuse detection and minimize customer and partner impact.B.responsibleAs a Team Lead Partner Abuse, you are responsible for leading a team of Analysts who investigate, take action related to fraud and abuse escalations and proactively define, detect and stop new threats.Your role is to support your team members and help them to grow towards their individual and company goals. You get things done by influencing, not through authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to get the best for our customers and partners. You take full ownership on potential incident management.You provide support to strategic decisions related to the fraud roadmap and optimize the team products, processes and approach.
- Monitor and improve operational efficiency & excellence of the Partner Abuse team.
- Set operational goals for Partner Abuse that align with company priorities.
- Hire, develop and retain talent from around the world, and contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Provide actionable developmental and positive feedback, as well as coaching advice.
- Be an effective Change Manager, leading the team through periods of change, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviors.
- Organize team structure to achieve strategic business priorities.
- Solve problems and issues within the team.
- Gain agreement across the business through gathering input, exploring ideas and influencing towards the outcome that adds the most value to the business
- Inform senior managers on strategic topics.
- Support analysts to develop and implement effective fraud and abuse detection and prevention strategies to mitigate impact while ensuring appropriate balance between customer/partners experience, risk and operational costs.
- Undertake strategic workload analysis and support the Partner & Guest Abuse team to prioritize in a practical way based on impact and risk.
- Lead incidents/crisis by assessing impact and working with business partners and technical teams to limit exposure and solve the problem.
- 1 to 3 years management, mentoring and coaching experience within an international company
- Great communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on attitude
- Experience working in a dynamic and culturally diverse environment
- No 9-5 mentality
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to environment changes
- Ability to create, modify and execute SQL and Hadoop database queries to retrieve and analyze data is a plus;
- Crisis management experience is a plus
- Experience with working on large scale websites is a plus
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus
B.offeredThis position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Team Lead Fraud & Abuse in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.