Booking.com, part of Priceline.com listed in NASDAQ, is the world leader in booking accommodations online. Every day, more than 900,000 room nights are reserved through our public website and other channels. Our global Customer Service (CS) team consists of over 5,500 international professionals working 24/7 in fourteen global sites covering more than 40 languages. CS is the largest and fastest growing department at Booking.com, with plans to continue growing people and sites in the coming year.
At Booking.com we are constantly looking for ways to innovate our customer experience and the quality of the service we deliver. In this role, you will be part of CS Payments & Controlling Innovation team which is part of the CS Operational Excellence team and reports to the CS Payments & Controlling Innovation manager. You will be located in our Amsterdam office. Some travel to other Booking.com offices will be required.
When not existing you will contribute in building the required actionable reporting (Management Information) that enables the team to objectively select the most relevant improvement initiatives bring the highest positive impact for our customer base and/or operations. You will be aiding other teams within the department by providing them with insights based on data and supporting them in making decision data-driven decision.
The role requires a high degree of interaction with the local teams. You will provide strategic support to the CS Leadership Team (LT) and interact with Senior Managers stakeholders (Finance Leadership) to present your analysis/ results.
As Operational Excellence Expert – CS Monitoring & Controlling Innovation, it is your responsibility to understand the business needs of your stakeholders, formulate the right questions and find an answer using large data sets. You are able to interpret the data you’ve gathered, identify trends, organize and present data in a meaningful way. You have excellent communication skills and are able to translate your findings into the business language of your stakeholders. We are looking for highly motivated people who can work independently, as well as in the team, adapt quickly and who are interested in learning new skills. In this role you will be able to grow rapidly and tackle new challenges as your skill set evolves, while making a great contribution to Booking.com’s success.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Build and improve reporting that helps the stakeholders understand the performance of business innovations/ initiatives, and identify action points
- Seek opportunities to innovate monitoring and reporting
- Produce business intelligence through data analytics to guide operational management;
- Develop and/or assist with preparing financial models to support business development, decision making and lead innovation
- You take an active part in the following CS Financial areas:
- CS Management Information and improvement initiatives
- Cost to serve innovation & improvement
- ROI innovation & improvement
- Drive cost efficient performance and optimize overhead
- Identify saving areas
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, scenarios and benchmarking as needed and contribute to new business/expansion/cost control projects and process improvement as and when business requires.
- Refine and implement a coherent and objective set of Financial KPIs (dashboard) for CS Operations
- Liaise with the Central and Regional Management to fully understand their business needs, priorities and potential changes, and translate them into actionable data analysis and reports
- Guide analytics on data needs and analyze/understand the data provided
- Cooperate closely with the other CS Global teams and the other Regional teams (leadership and agents): it is key to collaborate with Analytics to assess/ validate innovations, experiments and tests.
- Constructive team player able to share information to succeed as a team
- 3+ years’ experience in financial analysis;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or other related field;
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- You’re data-driven, have technical affinity and possess a strong business sense
- Customer-focused, independent worker, high sense of responsibility and target focused
- Knowledge of accounting and statistics and the ability to draw business insights from data
- Able to visualize and simplify complex data sets
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and strong SQL / Hadoop / data management knowledge is essential
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Self-starter capable of working on own initiative
- Problem solver and “Can do” mentality
- Excellent implementation, project management and change management skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience within a CS or call center environment is a plus.
- Ability to travel if required.
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is looking for an Operational Excellence Expert – CS Monitoring & Controlling Innovation. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is looking for a Operational Excellence Expert - Customer Service Controlling and Monitoring. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.