Booking.com is looking for a Devops Engineer to join the Network team. You will play a key role in the team that designs, develops and maintains distributed network solutions for the enterprise. You will not only write code but also drive initiatives in regards to automation, scalability and high availability.
- Design, develop, deploy and manage network automation systems;
- Continuously improve user experience;
- Automate everything from systems provisioning to management and monitoring;
- Monitor systems quality, stability and performance;
- Support the team isolating and resolving production issues;
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and product owners to bring new features and services into production;
- Develop and maintain software programming interfaces and document your work.
- 2+ years of Python programming experience;
- Experience with Linux based systems;
- Knowledge of Network basics around routing and switching;
- Familiarity with network and/or system monitoring;
- Experience with database systems;
- Willingness to acquire networking skills (trainings provided);
- You can work in a team, but are also able to manage your own time.
Exposure to the following is an advantage:
- Experience with Juniper or Aruba devices;
- Experience with Wireless networks;
- Experience with web frameworks (Django, Flask, Dancer);
- Familiarity with basic network protocols (STP, LLDP, OSPF, BGP);
- CCNA level of network knowledge;
- Experience with configuration management tools like puppet or chef;
- Perl programming experience.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits, including a relocation package.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Network Devops Engineer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.