Booking.com is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer on the Data side to join the database team at our headquarters in Amsterdam, NL. Booking.com has one of the largest MySQL installations worldwide. The Database team at Booking.com supports 5000+ MySQL servers along with other database platforms in a rapidly evolving and dynamic environment. You can play an important part in scaling our environment to support the immense growth of the business, automating day-to-day databases related activities and providing support to applications and development efforts.
Booking.com offers responsibilities and freedom to do what is best for the company and our customers. We encourage you to take ownership as much as possible. You will be working together with smart and passionate database professionals and a very skilled development team. Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Develop and improve internal deployment and orchestration tools;
- Extend open source solutions to meet our needs and provide pull requests to upstream;
- Develop and experiment with new scalability solutions;
- Create and enhance automation systems for management of databases;
- Provide In-depth troubleshooting and bug fixing as you work with other DBE’s, systems administrators and software developers;
- Provide DBA guidance and collaborate with commercially focused software developers to achieve business goals.
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Strong coding skills in at least one programming language, solid application programming experience beyond scripting;
- Strong understanding of database products such as MySQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL or MariaDB;
- Proficiency in Linux command line;
- Strong interest and ability to analyze systems for scalability and reliability;
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Good team communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently;
- A passion for providing excellent service to developers and external customers.
- Experience in automation and configuration management, preferably with tools such as Puppet or Chef;
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Database Reliability Engineer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.