Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
We are Booking.com, the world’s number one accommodation site. We are looking for talented Mobile App Designers who will be given the freedom to research, design and prototype ideas, collaborate closely with developers, test solutions with users and make meaningful and measurable improvements to our top rated mobile apps that are used by more than 30 million people worldwide. You’ll join us in our beautiful Amsterdam HQ and work with some of our industry’s brightest people!
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business. As a designer in our mobile team you’ll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small start up-like group which takes full ownership of their part of our platform. You’ll be working on the iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking ahead and conceptualizing broader changes our mobile app offers across all major platforms. You’ll work with developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyse & test your ideas.
You are excited to design native iOS and Android applications that millions of people use every day. You excel in solving problems that today’s mobile users face by focusing on their needs and designing a mobile experience tailored to that. You are familiar with the state of the art in native mobile app design and you are up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new user interface patterns. Your portfolio isn’t a series of beautiful but generic templates – it’s a collection of stories that you can discuss with enthusiasm,and regret… because you’re always getting better at what you do and you’re never satisfied with “good enough”.
- Experience: You have at least two years of relevant experience designing for smartphones / tablets
- App Portfolio: Your portfolio of iOS / Android app designs demonstrates your excellent understanding of native app design patterns & platform guidelines
- Simplicity: Good design is invisible
- Collaboration: You’ll be working alongside developers and copywriters to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique and iteration
- Visual design: Sketch, Photoshop, Fireworks, MS Paint – whatever works for you. Your process is your own; you get to decide which tools you use
- Design Process: You’ll be given full ownership of your ideas, and so you’ll be required to create beautiful experiences / mockups / prototypes —and follow up with their implementation
- Data: You are a successful Designer, but you like to measure your success with data and learn from it every day
- E-commerce: You understand the challenges and the opportunities that a large e-commerce service has to offer
- Developer Tools: Familiarity with Xcode / Android Studio is a plus
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Mobile App Designer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.