Media Manager EMEA
The Media Strategy and Planning team within Marketing at Booking.com is looking for a Media Manager. This is a role where the world of building a media strategy to deliver on our business objectives collides with true performance marketing . We are looking for someone who excels in both worlds. You must feel as comfortable with media strategy and channel planning as you do with the data and analysis.
In this role you will contribute to the development of the Booking.com business, by helping to develop the best regional and locally relevant media strategies and plans targeted to our EMEA audience. You will do this by selecting the right media channels, by using the data available to you, and you will help drive our business strategy.
The ideal candidate you will have media planning experience across multiple markets and media channels, in particular a robust understanding of the programmatic space. You must be capable of creating efficient and effective media plans that are built on data and set up with rigorous testing and measurement.
Experience across strategy, planning, buying and optimisation across on and offline / online is key for this role. As is the experience in building multimarket media strategies, managing media agencies at a regional / global level and the ability to lead strategic media projects such as global partner management.
In this role you will be reporting to the Global Media Team Lead EMEA and you will work closely together with the global Brand Communications & wider Media team, as well as creative and media agencies to help bring the Booking vision to life in relevant media in various markets around the globe. This role is based at our Global HQ in Amsterdam.
- Manage media strategy and plan development for key markets by developing integrated, creative and impactful media plans and tactics, which deliver business results.
- Ensure all media investment is measurable against KPI’s and utilize media in the most efficient and effective way.
- Lead daily collaboration with our in-house programmatic team to ensure all online campaign activity is performing and activated in line with media strategy in your markets.
- Work closely with the wider media team as well as our marketing science analytics team to test, measure and learn from all activity we are doing.
- Drive local market media planning: this includes media agency briefing, critiquing responses and advising on budget setting
- Ensure the global media strategy & creative assets are utilized in the most relevant way across your key European markets.
- Establish strong relationships with key leads within global and key local media agency teams for the effective day-to-day management of market campaign delivery. Push & maintain high standard of excellence & agility in the thinking and the executions.
- Manage the delivery by agency teams of periodic post buy reviews, activity updates, and financial reporting.
- Assist in communications plan creation & lead in market execution of these plans in collaboration with global communications team. Helping define the right consumer journey for your markets.
- Take an active role in driving our innovation roadmap. Including testing new demand channels to best connect with your consumer and drive performance and growth.
- Strong experience in media planning across all media channels (TV, Digital, Social, Audio, OOH) in Europe or Global – need to have multi-market management experience.
- Ability to move between media strategy and activation, understanding how to move from business objective to media strategy and through to activation.
- Ability to drive data-driven integrated strategy and practical planning from agency and internal teams.
- Confidently review. critique and media plans and presentations.
- Strong digital and programmatic media knowledge comfortable using digital media for performance.
- Able to review performance of campaigns in detail as well as understand correct testing (A/B) methods to demonstrate media has performed.
- Previous ecommerce experience would be highly beneficial
- Able to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with media owners and agencies, as well as with internal teams.
- Natural curiosity and passion for media (new trends, media and technology) and strong attention to detail, great organizational and people skills and effective team-player.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage many different projects at once.
- Team player, with the ability to inspire and be inspired by many different types of people and roles.
- Confidently take projects from business objectives to briefing stage through to completion with limited supervision, and proactively bringing updates forward to manager.
- Fluent in English, one or more other languages recommended.
- 7+ years of experience within media planning / management
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Media Manager EMEA in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.