Are you passionate about disrupting a rapidly changing industry? Do you love to explore new business and exceed objectives? Are you excited about working in a startup environment for one of the most successful brands in e-commerce and online travel? If you are looking for ownership and an environment where you can innovate this may be for you!
Booking.com is the world’s #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Booking.com focuses on providing a diverse range of accommodation choices for travelers as well as ensuring they can find, manage and enjoy their stays in the simplest, smartest and most rewarding way.
As an Account Manager for Strategic Partnerships you will provide support to Booking.com BV in managing and maintaining its new and existing relationships with partners across a diverse range of verticals including OTAs, airlines, banks, destination sites, blogs and many others.
The successful candidate will take full ownership of a portfolio of partners and will need to work well independently, therefore, entrepreneurial spirit, being results driven and having the ability to disrupt the norms of the market are essential to the success of this role.
The duties include coordinating and managing the support to Booking.com BV whilst promoting new partnerships and supporting strategies to help growing existing partnerships in the Japan market.
This role is based in Tokyo and reports to the Area Manager of Strategic Partnerships Japan and Korea based in Singapore.
This role requires an individual with a strong background in the online, e-commerce and/or travel industry knowledge, successful business development skills and demonstrated success in management of partnerships.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic and engaged team member with an established network across key industry categories.
- Support Booking.com BV in research, identification and segmentation of business opportunities regarding strategic partners to increase the number of potential visitors and bookings on these platforms;
- Promote Booking.com BV’s brand and its online reservation services to potential business partners;
- Manage all processes leading up to provide support to Booking.com BV in finalizing such partnerships (i.e. meetings, contract, integration and follow up);
- Monitor the success of each account and manage existing relationships by advising on Booking.com BV’s services;
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with the range of services of Booking.com BV;
- Ensure that Booking.com BV participates in all relevant tender processes (RFPs etc);
- Have an established and proven professional network throughout the region and sustain this network over time;
- Monitor, research and report findings on relevant market; and
- Be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years relevant work experience within the online, e-commerce and/or travel-related industry, with a strong service orientation and a track record of both new partnerships and growing existing accounts.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (incl Excel and PowerPoint), Data analytics tools like Google Analytics, MySQL preferred;
- Business, marketing or other relevant degree, MBA or Master’s degree preferred;
- Interested in IT and technical processes and experienced in optimising existing working methods;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Japanese;
- Experience in cultural management and differences;
- Creative, persistent and outgoing personality, eager to learn;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision;
- Quick and resourceful, team-player, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and eye for detail;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills; and
- Available to travel 25% of the time.
The hiring company Booking.com Japan K.K. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Japan. Booking.com Japan K.K. is looking for a Manager Strategic Partnerships - Japan. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.