As an Engineering Manager, you are responsible for leading a group of self-steering teams of China Product Development in Shanghai.
We hire the best and the brightest professionals, and we empower individuals rather than restrict them.
Your role is to support your teams and help them to grow toward their goals. You can hold your own in a technical argument, but you know getting out of the way is often the best option. You get things done via influence, not authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to build the best for our customers. You work closely with our product owners to ensure we are always working towards what’s most important for our customers. And you take full end to end responsibility for your area.
- Lead a growing group of agile development teams (5+ teams of ~5 people each)
- Coach and develop team leads as well as team members
- Attract, hire, develop and retain IT talent from around the world
- Work closely with Product Owners and Senior Product Owners
- Organize team structure to achieve strategic business priorities
- Support team leads in solving problems and issues within the team
- Act as an intermediary for complaints and problems
- Manage performance of teams and individuals reporting to you
- 3+ years experience in Agile coaching/leadership
- 3+ years experience in a leadership or managerial role
- 3+ years experience indirect management (managing other managers)
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent, pragmatic and pro-active work attitude
- Background in a technical role in a development organization
- Experience working on large scale websites is a plus
- Programming background is a plus
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates, we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for an Engineering Manager.
Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
The hiring company Booking.com Consulting Services (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Consulting Services (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Manager Software Development. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.