Booking.com, part of Booking Holding (former Priceline.com) listed on the NASDAQ, is a global market leader in online accommodation reservations. Since 1996 our Finance Team has expanded to more than 700 financial professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam, the company’s global headquarters. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength and is what drives us towards outstanding performance. Booking.com Finance actively promotes engaging and advising the business partners whenever there is an opportunity.
Does a successful career to you mean challenges and delivering results?
We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
If you would like to be part of a truly international company and finance team, if you think you can make a difference, have a closer look at this job opening.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team and will manage the FP&A Tech team, which maintains and develops current FP&A reporting systems, and initiates system improvements and developments.
You will report to the Director of Financial Planning, and will be based in our headquarters in Amsterdam.
This role requires a dynamic and enthusiastic person with a combined people management, product management and technical skillset.
- Lead and Manage a team of systems analysts
- Challenge the way things are done & scale constantly to keep the FP&A team ahead of the curve with technical tools & infrastructuire
- Maintain and prioritise the team backlog
- Facilitate standups, retrospectives and brainstorming sessions
- Lead the design and implementation of new reporting and dashboarding tools
- Ensure that the wider FP&A team has the technical tools and knowledge to do their job as efficiently as possible
- Provide training on technical tools and/or processes where necessary;
- Become a subject matter expert on all FP&A data flows
- Focus on integrity and security of data flows, and ensure compliance with SOx and GDPR regulations
- Proactively analyze current systems and processes and seek better alternatives or improvements where necessary;
- Drive alignment with other teams to ensure reporting of key metrics is consistent throughout the company
- Min 4 years experience in a similar role
- Strong managerial, strategic and analytical skills;
- Background in Analysis or IT engineering;
- SQL / Hadoop / Perl / Python / HTML / VBA all advantageous;
- Able to work in an Agile results orientated international environment;
- Flexible, proactive, hands-on mentality;
- Organized and results oriented;
- Strong team-working skills with ability to work independently, and work well with colleagues at all levels in the organization;
- Self-starter capable of working on own initiative;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Manager - FP&A Data & Systems. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.