Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com BV is looking for a Polish Language Specialist for our Global Content Department.
This full time position will be based at our Amsterdam office.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Polish version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
- Create commercial, localized content for the Polish market;
- Provide commercial and creative translations from English into Polish for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Polish market;
- Maintain the quality of the Polish version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Polish customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback;
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Native level Polish, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing commercial texts;
- Experience in producing localized website content;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit both your motivation letter and CV in English. In your motivation letter we would like to understand what inspired you to apply for this position, where you feel you could add value and why you feel this role is a perfect match!