For our Global Content Department, we are currently looking for a Korean Language Specialist. This full time position will be based at our Seoul office. In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Korean version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
- Create commercial, localized content for the Korea market;
- Provide commercial and creative translations from English into Korean for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Korean market;
- Maintain the quality of the Korean version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Korean customers;
- Assist with social media projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as marketing researches and creating content on social media platforms to promote and strengthen the presence of Booking.com brand;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented;
- Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast growing company.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Native level Korean, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating website content and/or writing commercial texts;
- 5+ years experience in website localization, market research or social media;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy and ability to multi-task;
- Strong analytical skills with logical thinking;
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
- Positive attitude and flexible communication skills;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry.
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com Korea Limited, one of the support companies in South Korea, is looking for a Language Specialist – Korean.