For our Global Translations Department, we are currently looking for a French Language Specialist. This is a 6 months contract based at our Paris office.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the French version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
- Create commercial, localized content for the French market;
- Provide commercial and creative translations from English into French for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the French market;
- Maintain the quality of the French version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to French-speaking customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
– Higher education in a relevant field; – Native level of French, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English; – Experience in translating and/or writing commercial texts; – Experience in producing localized website content; – Strong customer focus; – Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools; – Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task; – Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team; – Positive attitude; – Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus.
What we offer:
– A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented; – Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast growing company
The hiring company Booking.com (France) SAS is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in France. Booking.com (France) SAS is looking for a Language Specialist - French (Temporary). Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.