Booking.com is the largest business within Booking Holdings, a leading Fortune 500 e-commerce conglomerate with a market cap of approximately $80 Billion. At Booking.com, we are united by a single mission: empower people to experience the world. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 210 offices worldwide, our 17,000 employees work hard to help make more than one million travel dreams come true every single day. As we continue to scale at incredible speed and embark on our next chapter – experiences, homes and apartments, new technologies – we are actively recruiting the next generation of global leaders and entrepreneurs, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of functions.
As Junior Legal Counsel – Employment law, you will be part of the legal team, and provide Provide advice and counsel to the full range of Dutch employment law and human resources practice areas in the Netherlands, working closely with the HR department. You will be reporting to the Senior Counsel – Employment Law.
You will be a member of the Legal Team that assess risks, ensure compliance and protect the company from any legal challenge. You will bring legal advice on competition-related issues with the Employment Legal team.
This team will help grow and defend Booking.com with tangible impact on internal and external stakeholders. The individual must be able to understand business challenges, and find creative ideas to help our quick growth while being compliant.
- Advice: Contribute legal expertise to a wide range of HR activities such as disciplinary actions, organizational changes, employment contracts, dismissals, works council consultations, etc. Provide training to HR department; Align business strategy and corporate activities with local legal requirements; Manage relationship with outside counsel;
- Monitoring: You proactively keep up with new legislation and market development to anticipate any upcoming legal change and ensure Booking.com’s compliance, and inform the People department;
- A minimum of 3 years post qualified experience, specialized in Employment law;
- Strong education (Masters Degree) in law school, and admitted to practice law in the Netherlands;
- Hands-on attitude and the ability to test and critically review and read data and evidence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Business understanding with a good knowledge of e-commerce, retail, payments, and/or consumer-facing companies is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and own the day-to-day legal issues.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Jr. Legal Counsel - Employment Law. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.