Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Junior Fraud Analyst. The goal of the Fraud Operations team is to proactively protect, prevent, detect and respond to fraudulent behavior. The team is responsible for managing security and fraud threats across the business operations globally. Continuous improvement on detection and response capabilities is key. The Fraud Operations team is part of the Security department within Technology.
As a Jr. Fraud Analyst, you’re always one step ahead of the fraudsters. In this role, you work closely with your team and leadership to communicate and share the latest fraud trends. You’ll use the most advanced fraud detection methods (with machine learning/anomaly detection), to stop fraud before it’s too late.
You’ll be expected to work autonomously, be prepared to learn on the job. Our Senior Analysts will help you achieve your goals by providing guidance, and trainings.
You’re creative, eager to learn, and always ready to adjust your strategy to the fraudsters’ latest moves. If you bring that unique combination of skills, and want to help protect the world’s leading online hotel reservations company, don’t hesitate to apply!
- Handle and report fraud cases from start to finish
- Communicate and involve relevant internal and external stakeholders to respond to escalations and security incidents (fraud and phishing) as a first point of contact for all stakeholders. E.g. Legal, Technology, Customer Service, Finance, Hotels Department
- Perform data management on cases and maintain timelines by ensuring timely actions of involved stakeholders;
- Perform analysis at business transaction level as well as IT (security) level to understand what happened, and what mitigation measures are to be taken;
- Contribute to other projects which reduce fraud related losses while maintaining focus on a positive customer experience;
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to proactively analyze various data;
- Assist in the development of new tools for uses in fraud detection/prevention;
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise automated strategies and approaches for Booking.com’s security and fraud operations within the big picture of the organization.
- 1 year of knowledge and experience with regard to fraud and phishing case handling
- Experience working with Excel
- Must have strong decision making ability and be self-disciplined
- Team player, your peers find you trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to prioritize incoming escalations and requests appropriately using clear communications
- Self-starter, you’ll be expected to work independently. You’re an entrepreneur who enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- You must be in possession of a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Jr. Fraud Analyst in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.