IT Compliance Officer
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world), is looking for an IT Compliance Officer who is to be part of our IT Risk & Compliance team.
Your main responsibility will consist of maintaining, improving and monitoring the Booking.com IT control framework. The current IT control framework covers various systems and applications within Booking.com (e.g. SAP, Windows, Unix, MySQL and various in-house developed and insourced applications). For these applications, controls are defined in the areas of access management, change management, vulnerability management, monitoring and business continuity. These areas cover our main compliance objectives for SOx and PCI, and also include various business controls.
In case new compliance requirements or risks are identified, you will include these in the IT compliance framework and ensure that one understands the objective and takes ownership of these controls. You will monitor compliance and periodically report the level of compliance.
Next to compliance activities you will also be involved in risk assessments to determine and evaluate new risks that can impact business and compliance.
- Maintain the Booking.com IT control framework
- Assist control owners in understanding their controls as well as compliance
- Monitor compliance activities, identify trends and report to management
- Perform IT risk assessments and identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk, recommend corrective actions for resolution, provide general and technical guidance on how to prevent, or deal with, similar situations in the future and define controls to mitigate these risks.
- In cooperation with internal audit, plan and manage periodic external audits (e.g. PCI and SOx)
- At least one to two years of experience in IT compliance or IT audit
- Experience with control frameworks (e.g. ISO27K and PCI)
- CISA certification or similar preferred
- Technical knowledge of operating systems, development and databases (e.g. Windows, Linux and MySQL)
- Communication skills in order to bring people together when issues need to be solved
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
- Enthusiastic, self-starting, able to work independently and enjoy new initiatives
- Collaborate and support colleagues across the organization, while still able to work independently
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in The Netherlands.
Booking.com BV, part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 42 languages, offers more than 600,000 hotels and accommodations in 212 countries, features 43+ million reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 17 years of experience and a team of over 8,600 dedicated employees in 155+ offices worldwide,Booking.com BV and its various support companies around the world operate an in-house customer service team, which is available 24/7 to assist guests in their native languages and ensure an exceptional customer experience. The Booking.com group offers a dynamic work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented, and believe our people and their passion is what makes us successful.