Booking.com BV is looking for an IT Branch Technician who is enthusiastic about traveling to EMEA locations and build up the IT infrastructure new offices from scratch as well as fixing breakages in existing Amsterdam offices. As an IT Branch Technician you will interface with a wide range of stakeholders, suppliers and other interested parties both internally and externally, locally and remotely and across cultures.
In this role you will work within the IT Branch Team in Amsterdam providing on-site support and deployment of all office infrastructure, you will lead the technical implementation in that site, supporting the IT Branch Coordinator and reporting to the IT Branch Team Leader, you will also provide technical support for local staff (e.g. in the use of telephony solutions and other IT services). 50% of the time you will be traveling to EMEA locations to do these implementation and 50% of your time you will be supporting the Amsterdam offices in fixing breakages. Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Create deployment documentation including Rack Layouts and Wireless RF Plans;
- Create technical kit lists (to include components and hardware) and confirm all equipment arrives on site as planned;
- Racking, stacking and physical patching of routers and switches (according to diagrams created by you);
- Ensure consistent cable management from switch to patch panel
- Install, configure and hand over connected devices and PDU’s to Network Engineers and troubleshoot connectivity issues where required;
- Provide support for server OS installs and desktop imaging;
- Test internet services provided by local providers (layer 3 type i.e. SDSL/ADSL);
- Test UPS installations together with IT support team;
- Test physical failure scenarios onsite together with network team;
- Provide Pre and Post Deployment plans to the Branch Technician Team Leader;
- Troubleshooting and fix breakages of installations in the Amsterdam office locations;
- 2+ years of experience deploying new IT infrastructure in office environments, including the server rooms;
- Experience with troubleshooting and fixing breakages in the office IT infrastructure including the server rooms;
- Thorough understanding of different types of network and power cabling;
- Ability to configure PDUs and UPSs;
- Thorough understanding of different network appliances, and protocols;
- Experience in dealing with ISPs;
- A self-starter who is able to work both within a team and individually as required;
- Ability to perform under pressure and maintain a professional outlook regardless of the situation;
- Able to travel freely for 50% without any visa restrictions;
- Excellent communications skills in English both verbal and written.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. IT also has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
Booking.com BV, part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 42 languages, offers more than 500,000 hotels and accommodations in 200 countries, features 27+ million reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. The Booking.com group has over 8,500 dedicated employees in 120+ offices and offers a dynamic work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented. We believe our people and their passion is what makes us successful.