Does a successful career to you mean challenges and delivering results?
We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work. If you would like to be part of our team, if you think you can make a difference, have a closer look at this job opening.
This is a full-time position based in our Toronto office. You will be reporting to the Payroll Controller based in Amsterdam and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of countries in the NORAM Region, primarily Canada, also including the US.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of payrolls. The data entry is done by the HR team and employees in the various countries
- Be responsible for data validation and resolving discrepancies within tight deadlines;
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders and global payroll providers with focus on accuracy and timely receipt of payroll reports.
- Coordinate payroll for approvals & funding instructions with the Finance team;
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations, journal and accrual reports;
- Ensure efficient and high-quality execution of payroll processes and meet the deadlines;
- Ensure compliance of all statutory regulations, company policies, and SOX requirements;
- Attend to payroll specific queries from employees;
- Reply to tax notices, wage orders, unemployment claims, government correspondences, and verifications of employment for international entities;
- Stay up to date with local payroll regulations;
- Support Finance teams with month-end close and reporting activities;
- Safeguard payroll procedures & internal controls and support requests from audit partner;
- Provide payroll feedback and data when required to support ongoing HR projects;
- Undertake any ad hoc projects, as required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a payroll/accounting environment;
- Experience with Canadian payroll (all provinces) required;
- Experience with US Payroll a plus;
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders such as other HR functions, employees, and local payroll providers;
- Experience with HR technologies (Workday, SAP, Peoplesoft);
- Excellent communications skills in English (French a plus)
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member;
- Ability to manage a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to take ownership of payroll processes;
- Problem solving mindset & positive attitude;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Available to travel
- Currently possess valid work authorization in Canada
The hiring company Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Canada. Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc. is looking for a International Payroll Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.