Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com BV is looking for a Internal Auditor.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for planning, executing operational, financial and compliance related audits/reviews of Priceline Group of Companies and will support in IT audits/reviews. Apart from this the Internal Auditor will assist with the overall Enterprise Risk Management, SOX and Internal Audit Compliance for the Group. This position will be based in Amsterdam, NL with occasional travel.
- Plans operational, financial and compliance related audits/reviews.
- Coordinates work with Risk & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit.
- Assists in conducting risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Assists in preparing timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing control procedures for Group companies.
- Self-starter who executes the annual audit plan with minimum guidance. Ensures that all brand companies follow sound internal control practices and manage business risks appropriately.
- Acts as a Team Player – Collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Results Oriented – Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple projects and to work with all levels of individuals up to and including executive management.
- Entrepreneurial and committed to Self-Development.
- Excellent knowledge of auditing various business operations and risk-based auditing attained through minimum of 4 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial and operational audits. (external or internal or both)
- Minimum of 2 years of SOX Testing and Reporting experience.
- Good understanding of IT environments and experience with supporting IT audits.
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent audit report writing and oral communication skills. (English)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the bigger picture.
- Maximum of 25% travel requirements Worldwide based on the Audit plan and project requirements.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s (post-secondary degree) preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- CA/CPA or equivalent designation highly desirable.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation highly desirable.
- Big 4 Experience highly desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio.
- Experience with ACL Analytics or other data analysis software.