Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast- growing hotel markets. Booking.com (USA) Inc., one of the support companies in the United States, is looking for an HR Specialist.
Talented HR Specialist will join the Human Resources team which supports our regional sales offices and customer care centers in North America. This position reports to the Sr. HR Manager. The HR Specialist will be responsible for supporting the daily activities of HR and the HR team while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. This individual will collaborate across the organization to support implementation of HR initiatives and will contribute to building world-class HR processes and programs.
The HR Specialist will provide administrative support to the HR team including, but not limited to employee assistance, employee relations, new hire orientation,
new hire paperwork, background check administration, benefits administration, payroll processing, employee records maintenance, data entry, creating presentations, develop, track, and update reports, distribute employee communication materials, and proficiency/use of HRIS system.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review, prepare and monitor logs and metrics of disability cases; administer correspondence with employee and insurance provider for STD and FMLA cases, etc.;
- Partner with managers to ensure proper administration of policies and practices of leave programs;
- Maintain employee database, records, and employee files;
- Support various HR initiatives including research implementation and communication;
- Interact with employees and answer various payroll and Human Resource inquiries;
- Employee Benefits administration – including processing benefits paperwork, enrolling, and terminating employees in the various plans (medical, dental, vision, life, etc), interacting with benefits vendors, and answering employee questions;
- Track training records and prepares files;
- Serve as first point of contact in the Human Resource department for both in-person and phone contacts;
- Assist with meeting/staff training preparation.
- Working knowledge of FMLA, ADA, STD regulations;
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical;
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), and various HR related systems and the internet;
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and analyze information with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple projects that require interaction with various and types of information;
- Manage time and prioritize tasks completion is required. Ability to meet deadlines with quality results often in situations of high urgency;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and customer service.
- Proven ability to work with independence in the management of multiple office systems and priorities;
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 3 years related payroll, employee benefits and human resource experience;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and various HRIS, Payroll, and HR systems;
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally;
- Experience with reporting and processing confidential employee information;
- PHR certification is a plus.
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a HR FMLA Specialist *Part Time*. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.