Are you a great leader? Are you inspired by challenges and delivering results in a dynamic environment that embraces innovation? Are you excited about working in a startup environment for one of the most successful brands in e-commerce and online travel and experiences? We are looking for an HR Business Partner for our Customer Service site based in Orlando FL.
Booking.com’s scale and scope, commitment to people, and high standards of integrity make our company a great place to work. We’re leaders in what we do, and we’re constantly moving forward to explore new ways to delight Booking.com’s customers and deliver positive business results. We get to work in a very global and diverse environment, across a widely distributed workforce. Our expectations are high, because our shareholders, colleagues and Booking.com’s customers expect it and deserve it. Yours will be too, and you’ll have the results to demonstrate from your previous career achievements. There’s a reason Booking.com is the planet’s #1 accommodations site and we’re experiencing amazing growth. We’re looking for someone to help support Booking.com to the next level. If that’s you, please keep reading.
This position will report to the Human Resources Manager, Customer Service for the Americas region. The client groups represent the largest share of our workforce, more than 1,500 employees providing service to customers of Booking.com and accommodation partners whose inventory is represented on our site.
This is truly a multi-faceted HR that will have a direct impact on our business success. Our people love what they do, who they work with and are passionate about service and the customer. The successful candidate will reflect that same positive workplace energy and customer orientation.
Key components of this job include:
- Providing expert consultation as a business partner to our service teams with a focus on maximizing people capability and organizational effectiveness.
- Oversight of employee relations matters from intake through investigation and path to efficient resolution and ahead to risk minimization.
- Proactive assessment and identification of people issues and opportunities via data and scenario analysis supported by formulation and presentation of solutions.
- Thoughtful management of talent initiatives such as performance, development and succession planning.
- Facilitation of learning in targeted areas such as supervisory capability, risk management, cultural awareness, people systems, and processes.
- Engages in our global community to invest in beneficial alignment as a member of the company’s Services leadership team and People community.
- Champion of our workplace culture representing and extending the cultural cornerstones of the company such as humility, innovation, experimentation, customer focus, diversity, and integrity.
- Meaningful contribution to workforce planning, headcount management, talent selection and onboarding.
- Keep abreast of provincial legislative changes to ensure that the organization complies with the relevant employment legislation.
- Metrics are important at Booking.com. Accordingly, a range of metrics will be established and maintained to inform work needing to be done as well as to gauge effectiveness of the HR function and individual in this role. Focus areas will include, among other things:
- Talent Development
- Professional development plan completion for team leads and above
- Completion rate of targeted training for eligible managers
- Succession plans complete for every site/function
- Employee Engagement Survey scores
- Manager Recipe scores
- Client satisfaction
- Workforce productivity
Qualifications and Experience
- 8 – 10 years of progressive HR experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally service, retail or hospitality.
- Post-secondary degree in business or human resources or equivalent certificate in human resources. Working towards obtaining PHR/SPHR designation.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Federal and State employment legislation
- A leader: The ability to think beyond the human resources function and contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Proven track record of building strong client relationships with all levels of management to improve business results.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated past experience in conducting investigations to resolution
- Experience dealing with employment litigation matters
- Strong analytical, attention to detail and organization skills
- Prior experience coaching and consulting with clients
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- US Citizen or currently authorized to work in the US
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a HR Business Partner. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.