Here at Booking.com we are growing, healthy, and happy. Booking.com is an online travel business based in Amsterdam, Netherlands with more than 145 offices around the world focused on helping leisure and business travelers easily discover, book and enjoy the world’s best places to stay. We are proud of our employees and now looking for a passionate Human Resources professional with a calling for service to join our team in the Americas region. The role is based in Bellevue, WA.
This position will report to the Human Resources Manager, Customer Service for the Americas region. The client groups represent the largest share of our workforce, more than 1,500 employees providing service to customers of Booking.com and accommodation partners whose inventory is represented on our site. Key components of this job include:
- Providing expert consultation as a business partner to our service teams with a focus on maximizing people capability and organizational effectiveness.
- Oversight of employee relations matters from intake through investigation and path to efficient resolution and ahead to risk minimization.
- Proactive assessment and identification of people issues and opportunities via data and scenario analysis supported with formulation and presentation of solutions.
- Thoughtful management of talent initiatives such as performance, development and succession planning.
- Facilitation of learning in targeted areas such as supervisory capability, risk management, cultural awareness, people systems and processes.
- Engages our global community to invest in beneficial alignment as a member of the company’s Services leadership team and People community.
- Champion of our workplace culture representing and extending the cultural cornerstones of the company such as humility, innovation, experimentation, customer focus, diversity and integrity.
- Meaningful contribution to workforce planning, head count management, talent selection and onboarding.
This is truly a multi-faceted generalist gig that will have direct impact on our business success. Our people love what they do, who they work with and are passionate about service and the customer. The successful candidate will reflect that same positive workplace energy and customer orientation.
Our ideal candidate will be a reflection of our culture, have advanced certification as an HR professional and/or relevant education, have 8-10 years HR experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally service, retail or hospitality. They will be a strong project manager, capable consultant and agile agent of change who is also solutions focused, a savvy communicator and a humbly confident professional that revels in putting others forward.
View business travel as a perk? Good! Because this role includes periodic domestic and international travel.
Metrics are important at Booking.com. Accordingly, a range of metrics will be established and maintained to inform work needing to be done as well as to gauge effectiveness of the HR function and individual in this role. Focus areas will include, among other things:
- Talent Development
- Professional development plan completion for team leads and above
- Completion rate of targeted training for eligible managers
- Succession plans complete for every site/function
- Employee Engagement Survey scores
- Manager Recipe scores
- Client satisfaction
- Workforce productivity
What does success look like?
- Alignment: Align people plans with business plans
- Engagement: Engaged employees – EES actions; manager recipe
- Development: People and managers are developing at the pace of the business
- Organizational: Change management, talent movement
- Staffing: Workforce planning, talent acquisition, productivity and resourcing assessment
- Compliance: Issues at or below ___ %, no regulatory violations, audits
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a HR Business Partner. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.