We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to strengthen the existing HR team. You will be part of the HR team of Spain, France and Portugal and you will provide both operational and strategic HR support to the line managers and the employees within your own accounts. You will need to be proactive, able to perform a wide variety of tasks and be passionate about adding value to your business partners. You will join our rapidly growing and successful company, in a fast paced role and exciting environment.
You will report to the Regional HR Manager in France.
Position based in our CS office in Barcelona, Spain.
- Be the trusted partner for your accounts, providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to managers in all aspects of HR;
- Be pro-active in identifying people issues and trends within the business and work together with your key stakeholders in order to formulate and implement solutions;
- Handle operational issues such as absence and performance management within your accounts, and work with your key stakeholders to resolve these;
- Work closely with your manager and HR colleagues, to contribute to HR projects, and provide ideas and suggestions;
- Work with the HR Services Team to ensure compensation and benefits are coordinated and administered accurately within your accounts;
- Keep up to date with legal requirements for your accounts, providing suggestions for changes.
- As an HR Team you are responsible for Talent Management activities within your region (growing internal talent and bringing in external talent);
- Implement global HR initiatives and ensure that local activities are aligned to the global HR strategy;
- Own the ‘best place to work’ topic.
- Provide professional, written and oral, legal advice to the HR Manager/ Business Partners to reasonably complex legal issues (e.g. disciplinary, organizational changes, employment legislation, internal documents, etc);
- Implementation of new requirements by law (e.g. working hours recording);
- Control the transparency and the relationship between company and Governmental bodies to protect shareholders interest and ensure the full compliance with the law (e.g. disability law);
- Manages relationship and communication with external lawyers;
- Acts as official interlocutor for employees representatives, work councils and health & safety committees members whereas required.
- 3-5 years of experience with HR within an international company, ideally in a multi-site context;
- Your experience should include a minimum of 2 years of HR advisory or business partnering;
- Previous experience in a customer service center would be appreciated;
- Experience with or a proven interest in labor law;
- Experience working with Work Council;
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to establish strong relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders within the organization;
- Proactive, data-driven, uses initiative, able to multi-task and prioritize, without close supervision;
- Flexible and able to cope well with change;
- Fluent in Spanish and English,other languages are a plus;
- Availability to travel around up to 20% of the time.
We offer excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for further career growth within our fast growing company. To find out more about Booking.com and apply directly please visit the link above and apply with your English CV and cover letter.
The hiring company Booking Customer Service Center (Spain) SL is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Spain. Booking Customer Service Center (Spain) SL is looking for a HR Business Partner CS. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.