Booking.com is the world’s #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our diverse team, 17,000 strong, is united by a single mission: to empower people to experience the world. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 198 offices worldwide, we work hard to help make more than a million travel dreams come true every single day.
The successful candidate will be based at our Global HQ in Amsterdam and report to the Vice President of our Payments organisation. This is a newly created role developed to bring the department to the next level. This person will be required to have detailed knowledge of business processes as well as trending and emerging technology/solutions related to eCommerce payments. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing a global strategy encompassing the selection and management of hundreds of different payment service providers that will deliver a top service to our customers.
If you are able to create an approach that’s scalable and resilient around the world, meets our customer and business needs and guarantees we’re optimizing for cost efficiency and technical excellence this could be your next career move!
- Accountable for senior stakeholder engagement and full alignment with their strategies and plans to ensure commitment of stakeholders to involve procurement and follow procurement governance.
- Establish vision, mission and set goals and objectives for the vendor management team that support Booking.com goals.
- Serve as strategic advisor to the payments organisation in PSP related matters
- Map the payments needs for different countries/regions, specific to the travel industry, and carry out competitive analysis to select the vendors that fit best with our business model
- Build a scalable and resilient program for global vendors, focusing on large impact countries/regions
- You will build strong relationships at a senior level with our vendors and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth
- Attract and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with new and existing vendors
- Turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight and action with the aim of optimizing performance
- Grow, lead and mentor a team of Payment Solution Specialists
- 5+ years of experience in a large e-commerce/IT driven company managing payment vendors
- Extensive experience and familiarity with payment instruments such as ACH / Funds Transfers, Credit/Debit Cards (including Chargebacks), alternative payment methods and their rules and regulations.
- Strong analytical skills
- Take ownership and be driven to constantly improve and challenge status quo
- Strong understanding of payments landscape
- Stakeholder management at all levels; not afraid to challenge and excellent communication skills
- Team and service oriented approach
- Creative & critical thinker
- Project management experience
- Independent, pragmatic and pro-active work attitude
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Internationally focused and an awareness of different cultures
- Masters in a related field
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Head of Payments Partnerships in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.