Our Finance teams are located in 3 regions: EMAE, APAC and The Americas. The Finance department supports all the financial functions of Booking.com including Accounting, Credit Control and Financial Planning & Analysis. Without the Finance department – Booking.com could not function.
We are looking for a Global Learning Specialist to join the Finance Learning Team. You will be responsible for overseeing functional and technical learning in your allocated region, linking to the Finance global learning plan to meet global learning needs and encourage our people to drive their own learning and development.
This position is based in Amsterdam and will report into the Global Learning Manager (Finance). You may be expected to occasionally work outside of normal business hours to best support your stakeholders in different time zones. You may be required to travel internationally (up to approx.30% of your time) and this may include some weekend travel.
You will have experience in training and supporting others learn. You’ll ideally have experience of consulting with customers/partners and you’ll definitely have great communication skills. A key responsibility of the role is to business partnering stakeholders to ensure implementation of locally relevant learning plans of high quality learning programmes that link to the global learning agenda. Project management and stakeholder management skills will be very useful in this role.
The role is complex and multi-skilled role and requires building relationships with key stakeholders and undertaking the full learning cycle: Learning Needs Analysis, Design, Delivery, Implementation, Evaluation so you will have a keen interest in delivering innovative learning programmes from scratch and an interest in Charles Jennings’ 70:20:10 Principal of Learning.
In the role you’ll develop strong consultative and Business Partnering skills as you’ll be expected to initiate regular contact with leaders in your region – supporting business changes and challenges from a learning point of view.
You’ll be passionate about developing people and harvesting a learning culture where our people have access to the right learning opportunities at the right time in a medium that best suits them.
You will be analyzing and using learning data to evaluate and support stakeholders. You will measure programme success by analyzing impact, implementation of learning, ROI and Net Promoter Scores.
You will work closely with other learning teams to share ideas and work across boundaries to constantly promote learning best practice and source learning interventions relevant to the Finance department.
You will keep regional Learning Coordinators informed, involved and upskilled to maximize local support and facilitation of learning campaigns and programmes.
If this sounds like you, you meet the criteria below and you’re looking for an immense opportunity to work in one of the most exciting departments of Booking.com, please discuss with your manager then apply.
- You have been employed at Booking.com for more than 1 year (you’re Booking knowledge is important to us).
- You have the support of your Manager
- You have experience in training/ coaching/ teaching/learning activities.
- Understanding of Charles Jennings’ 70:20:10 principal of learning blended learning and other learning trends & practices.
- Consultation and stakeholder management.
- Project/programme management knowledge.
- E-learning and multi-media learning tools.
- Fluent in English spoken and written essential.
- University degree (preferred in Learning & Development or Finance)
- CIPD or similar learning / training certificate (desirable).
- Train The Trainer Certificate
- Consultation / Business Partnering: support and influence stakeholders to identify and execute robust learning plans.
- Learning Cycle: Design, Facilitate, Implementation, Evaluate learning material.
- Creating inspirational learning solutions to meet specific skills/knowledge gaps
- Project Management
- Global and Regional thinking: Work collectively with other learning colleagues as well as working on own with regional priorities.
- Provide action-orientated solutions to realize goals ensuring scalable.
- Ability to read and interpret multiple data sources and defines goals and outcomes.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload in line with business needs.
- Ability to be open to new approaches and ideas when finding solutions for stakeholders.
- Live ‘The Formula’.
- Demonstrate win/win, relationship-building approach.
- Advocate of learning & personal development.
- Strong proactive Customer Experience attitude.
- Challenge status quo and strive for continuous improvement.
- Continuously striving to understand the priorities and challenges of the company and your business area.
- Always searching for fresh and innovative ideas that translate locally and globally.
- Experience in training/ coaching/ teaching/learning activities
- Experience of working with a distance / blended learning approach.
- Experience of innovation methodologies: LEAN, AGILE…
- Experience of working in/with different Booking departments
- You will work across multiple central offices in Amsterdam
- Availability to undertake business travel up to 30% of the time, if required.
Key Responsibilities & KPIs
- Regional point of contact for your region – handling all learning enquiries and requests.
- Create and manage a regionally relevant learning plan that meets regional learning priorities in line with Global Learning Plan and priorities.
- Undertake regular regional learning needs analysis as basis to design and deliver world class learning solutions, campaigns and programmes.
- Manage key regional and global projects e.g. ‘Continuous Education’ and ‘Successful Partnerships.’
- Evaluate all learning interventions and programmes to ensure highest quality products.
- Measure ROI, Net Promoter Scores and implementation of learning
- Provide Finance stakeholders and Finance Learning Team with relevant information and visibility on learning progress and priorities
- Utilising the 70:20:10 principal of learning to ensure learning solutions focus on ‘on-the-job’ transference and follow a ‘learning journey’ format.
- Consistent positive stakeholders feedback