Booking.com, part of Priceline.com listed in NASDAQ, is the world leader in booking accommodations online. Every day, more than 1.400.000 room nights are reserved through our public website and other channels. Our global Customer Service (CS) department consists of over 7000 international professionals working 24/7 in sixteen global sites covering over 43 languages.
At Booking.com we are constantly looking for ways to improve our customer experience and the quality of the service we deliver. This means there are continuous changes to our operating model (like technology, processes, organization and approaches) that need to be communicated and implemented in our operations of 7000+ international professionals.
We are on the lookout for an experienced communications & engagement manager to join our team of creative communication practitioners.
In this role, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the needs in relation to communication, events and knowledge management for our employee base of 7000+ people globally, as well as advise and execute on those.
The role requires someone who thrives in an evolving and diverse environment and that is strong in building compelling engagement and change management messages. We look for an outstanding project manager who is able to partner with a wide net of stakeholders to get the job done.You will put these skills to work when working on the broad range of
- Develop and roll out the internal communication strategy for Global Customer Service globally, though the effective and empowering management of the Communication team.
- Create communication strategies that are aligned to business objectives and support leaders to be effective communicators.
- Lead the coordination of communication efforts across different teams and agencies, ensuring that a common vision is articulated, communicated and reinforced. Ensure that efforts are aligned with the vision
- Lead internal communications & events. For example, the organization of our annual Booking Meeting for Customer Service, enhance our employee experience and our department re-branding, manage our internal social media platform (Workplace)
- Lead change communications strategy and roll-out
- Content & Knowledge management for the overall global Customer Service Organization
- Measuring success on Communication and Engagement
As the CS Global Communications & Engagement manager you will report directly to the CS Director of Operations Support. You are located in Amsterdam, regular travel will be required to travel regularly to the sites in our Operations.
- Proactive, inclusive leader driving vision with a customer and people focus. Demonstrated success in leading through influence
- Experience in executing global or large scale communication initiatives
- 8+ years of years of internal communications and /or change experience in a global environment; community building and management (online/ social) experience is an advantage
- Ability to take ownership, entrepreneurial, pro-active with positive attitude; Ability to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment; willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done
- Ability to create and implement communication & knowledge strategies and plans that inspire our employees, maximize employee adoption of change and minimize resistance
- Creative, open, collaborative mindset with a love for writing and research. Ability to identify and articulate themes along with a passion for visually-engaging content
- Excellent influencer with the ability to identify, collaborate with and lead stakeholder groups. Ability to work across silos, connect the work of disparate groups and build consensus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience within Customer Service and 24/7 operations is a plus
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Netherlands) B.V. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Netherlands) B.V. is looking for a Global Communication & Engagement Manager - Customer Service . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.