Do you like to work for a fast growing dynamic organization? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, international and multicultural organization? Are you creative with an out-of-the-box mindset? Do you have experience in General Ledger Accounting?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then we are looking for you, take charge of your career and apply now!
Booking.com (part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world’s leading online hotel & accommodation reservation company. People can access our platform anytime, anywhere from their desktop, mobile phone or tablet device. The website is available in 43 languages, offers over 1.700.000 hotels in 224 countries and attracts visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 20 years of experience and a team of over 16,500 dedicated employees in more than 200 offices worldwide, Booking.com operates its own in-house customer service team available 24/7.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of our business, a new opportunity has arisen for General Ledger Accountants to join our team at our Headquarters based in Amsterdam. This role is for a big part focused on Treasury Accounting and you will be dealing with investments, hedging and other treasury accounting tasks. You will report to the Controller and work closely together with other (Finance) departments in our Amsterdam office. You will also participate in projects relating to improvement of our financial procedures and systems.
- Maintain general ledger of some of Booking.com BV’s subsidiaries;
- Closely involved in month end process including preparation of journal entries, accruals, book and review Investments, Inter company transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation;
- Prepare Hedging and FX analysis;
- Preparation of monthly closing reports in accordance with US GAAP;
- Balance sheet and profit and loss review of own accounting work;
- Proactive communication of potential issues to the Controller;
- Review and potentially prepare statutory financial statements;
- Assist and co-ordinate (statutory) audits;
- Co-ensure all procedures and controls within the Finance department are, and remain, SOX compliant and meet Internal Audit requirements;
- Working closely with the Accounting Team to ensure team objectives are met;
- Initiative in process improvements, respond to accounting questions and participate in improvement projects.
- 3-5 years work experience in a similar or relevant position of which 1-2 years are with treasury accounting is preferred.
- Relevant accounting degree as for example SPD, ACCA or Bachelor Accounting level;
- Experience with SAP ERP (FI/CO) preferable;
- Strong accounting skills and solid financial background (bookkeeping / accounting / stat accounting);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Enthusiastic, proactive and full of initiatives;
- Can do mentality;
- Fluent in English;
- MS Office skills: good working knowledge of Excel;
- Accurate and analytical;
- Being able to cope with dynamic and high change environment;
- Being able to prioritize.
- Independent and flexible
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a GL Treasury Accountant. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.