Booking.com is looking for an experienced Geo Data Scientist to join our headquarters in the center of Amsterdam.
Help us define the future of travel!
As a Geo Data Scientist in you will be part of a team of analysts and you will be working closely with Geo Service team and other business stakeholders.
You will be helping them by providing data, actionable insights, as well as supporting them in understanding and making data-driven decisions.
You will take part in building a Geo Data Service together with a Product team, which is meant to provide access to well structured, maintained and up-to-date datasets to stakeholders across the business.
Your role in this project will be to create and test geospatial algorithms that can be accessed through APIs. On a daily basis you will be involved in analysing internal and external geo data to help teams set up content sourcing projects and produce geo datasets that could be easily included into A/B testing cycle.
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights
- Collect, aggregate and improve strategic geo datasets, based on business needs
- Create and implement solutions using computational geometry algorithms
- Import spatial data from third party sources, merge and analyse, leverage user generated location data
- Ability to create or derive new geospatial datasets
- Applying machine learning algorithms to geospatial data, such as clustering or classification algorithms
- Leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain.
- Query and analyse Booking data for variety of geo projects
- Analyse existing geo setup per country and region
- Ensure high technical quality of datasets
- Identify the need for update of old datasets
- Proven experience in conducting analyses and build new models with an operational / commercial focus
- Experience working with big data (experience in SQL, Hadoop or BigQuery, Spark)
- Knowledge in programming/scripting (Python, R, SQL, Bash, Matlab…) is a plus
- Spatial analysis and mapping experience (QGIS, ArcGIS);Experience solving real problems using quantitative and qualitative data;Strong analytical skills and business acumen;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits.
In the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam with your family. We have successfully relocated 500+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Geo Data Scientist in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.