At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travelers and the accommodation partners.
We are not afraid to experiment, think big or aim high!
Based in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, our technology department is over 1800 strong.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger – with over 80 different nationalities in the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and develop your career in a multicultural environment.
As well as working independently, you will also be responsible for facilitating technical decision making within a team and across teams/sub departments. Our development strategy is agile and we work in multidisciplinary teams of 5-7 people. We do several code rollouts every single day, are data-driven and do extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
As a people manager in the Booking.com Technology Department, you will be supporting and facilitating the work of a multidisciplinary development team. Besides that you are hands-on, you are technical and you understand that behind any technical decision there is a business need to be fulfilled.
You are passionate about developing and growing the people in your team, you lead by example and care about personal and team performance.
- Facilitate an agile development team (small team of 5-7 people)
- Identify and support growth of talents, provide feedback and look after people’s personal development
- Assess individual and team performance, recognize and promote excellent performance, and address underperformance
- Focus on supporting the business priorities, be pragmatic about technology choices
- Collaborate with the team and Product Owner to prioritize the projects
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance client side code
- Solve issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Experience with managing development teams, with at least one year in a leadership role
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Independent, pragmatic and proactive work attitude
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc is an advantage
- Preferably a university degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
- Experience debugging cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience working on a command line in a Linux environment.
- Passionate learners who aren’t afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has tech talks and exploration days, allowing you to extend your knowledge and skills outside of your everyday scope of work. We are active in the tech community and often host and attend meetups. Our employees speak at global conferences and arrange hackathons all over the world.
We offer personal and professional development opportunities through both internal and external training programs. Additionally, we offer a conference budget to each tech employee.
You will be given the freedom to experiment and make your own decisions, impacting millions of travelers worldwide.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals and their families to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Full Stack Developer & People Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.