We are looking for the world’s best Front End Developers to be a part of our China Product Development team in Shanghai! Join us and support Booking.com BV’s #1 accommodation website with some of the industry’s smartest people!
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business. As a Developer in the China Product team you will be part of the idea generation process, working in small startup-like teams that take ownership for product implementation across different parts of our Chinese customer facing platforms. You will work side by side with designers, back end developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyze, code & test your ideas in line with the global product strategy set by Booking.com B.V. in Amsterdam. You will be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements that impact millions of users.
Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for detail, pragmatic approach and an absolute commitment to making sure features are well implemented and bug free. We make all of our decisions based on experiments and testing, so you should be excited by taking a data-led approach to development. If you believe you are also a passionate advocate for the user, and are looking to work in an agile, collaborative environment than we would like to hear from you!
- Continuously look for ways to improve com’s website and implement A/B tests
- Own product implementation across sections of com BV‘s desktop, tablet and mobile web sites in China
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant role, preferably in a commercial environment in China
- Experience with templating languages
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Comfortable working on a command line
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Front End Developer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.