Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Fraud Analyst. The goal of the Fraud Operations team is to proactively protect, prevent, detect and respond to fraudulent behavior. The team is responsible for managing security and fraud threats across the business operations globally. Continuous improvement on detection and response capabilities is key. The Fraud Operations team is part of the Security department within Technology.
We are seeking Fraud Analysts who are motivated to take ownership for an array of actions to address incidents for which they are held accountable: Analysts investigate and resolve fraud cases from start to finish. On the one hand they must have great communication skills to proactively inform and involve relevant internal stakeholders (e.g. Customer Service, Legal, Technology, Finance). On the other hand analysts are expected to proactively initiate innovation within security and fraud operations.
- Handle and report fraud cases from start to finish;
- Communicate and involve relevant internal and external stakeholders to respond to escalations and incidents (fraud and security) as a first point of contact for all stakeholders. E.g. Legal, Customer Service, Finance, Partner Services;
- Perform data management on cases and maintain timelines by ensuring timely actions of involved stakeholders;
- Perform analysis at business transaction level as well as IT (security) level to understand what happened, and what mitigation measures are to be taken;
- Contribute or lead other projects which reduce fraud related losses while maintaining focus on a positive customer experience;
- Work effectively with team members and leadership by communicating fraud trends and sharing ideas and knowledge in a constructive and positive manner;
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to proactively analyze various data;
- Assist in the development of new tools for uses in fraud detection/prevention;
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise automated strategies and approaches for Booking.com’s security and fraud operations within the big picture of the organization;
- Provide training and support education by sharing outcomes of analyses about fraud trends and patterns to relevant staff;
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- At least 3 years of knowledge and experience with regard to fraud and/or security case management;
- Must have strong decision making ability and be self-disciplined;
- BSc, MSc or equivalent, preferably in Law, Computer Science, Criminology, Physics, Econometrics, or comparable;
- Trustworthy character;
- Ability to create, modify and execute SQL and Hadoop database queries to retrieve and analyze data;
- Good and effective communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize incoming escalations and requests appropriately using clear communications;
- Self-starter and able to work independently and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives;
- Comfortable working fluently in English, both written and spoken;
- Strong commercial attitude/business-driven and interest;
- Currently living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate to the Netherlands;
- No 9-5 mentality;
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus;
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Fraud Analyst in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.