In this role you are part of a dynamic and fast-paced team and will report to the FP&A Manager in APAC. You will be working in both the Singapore and Shanghai office. You will be part of the APAC Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team and you will also work closely with the global FP&A organization in Amsterdam.
You will have a dotted line to China Business Unit Managing Director (MD) and work closely with the China Leadership Group. You will be required to provide strong strategic advisory and consulting input towards the MD and his /her team members who will be your main business partners. You will have to bridge what the (financial) data tells you and how that could help the China Business Unit on a wide array of topics.
You will be responsible for forecasting, analyzing and reporting the performance of the China Business Unit. This includes Booking.com’s revenues, expenses and other KPIs in the region. You will also be involved in reporting and explaining variances versus budget and forecast. Ad-hoc analyses are part of the scope whenever there is a need from the business.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
This role is based in either Shanghai or Singapore.
- Be the main Finance business partner to the MD of China;
- Assist with business planning, financial forecasting, target setting, business metric tracking, variance analysis and reporting of revenues, expenses and headcount for China;
- Contribute to robust, scalable and insightful reporting of the market’s key metrics;
- Provide (financial) support and contribution to the market’s strategic decision making;
- Continuously seek ways to improve existing reporting to fit with evolving requests from senior management;
- Work with accounting and business teams to accurately report results including explanatory comments;
- Proactively deliver intelligence based on data and support and advise the business partners whenever there is an opportunity;
- Communicate proactively with China MD and FPA colleagues to understand market/business trends;
- Serve as conduit/liaison between HQ, regional and field operations in financial matters;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, scenarios and benchmarking as needed and contribute to new business/expansion/cost control projects and process improvement as and when business requires.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or other related field;
- International work experience preferable;
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Strategic mindset, data driven and the ability to draw business insights from data;
- Broad knowledge of business case analysis, KPI’s, dashboard reporting and revenue/expense analysis;
- Experience in P&L management, reporting, reconciliation, and validation;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Financial Modelling;
- Experience with SQL;
- Knowledge of financial systems e.g. SAP and Hyperion SmartView;
- Ability to listen, work with and pro-actively advise and challenge business partners;
- Sees the headlines whilst having attention for the details;
- Strong team-working skills with ability to work independently;
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and working in an unstructured environment;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion;
- Fast leaner, self-starter, resourceful, organized, proactive and results oriented;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English and Mandarin
- Regional travel up to 50%;
- Keen knowledge of market practices, industry trends and economic environment in China is a must
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Financial Analyst. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.