Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. You will play a key role in shaping the future of the company’s forecasting process with focus on staff cost planning at a global level. In this role you are part of a dynamic, international and fast-paced team and will report to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager of Booking.com. You will be working in our headquarters in Amsterdam. Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
Staff Cost Planning:
- Controlling FTEs and staff costs, translating company’s people strategy into financial information
- Preparing quarterly forecasts and yearly budget, validating FTE growth input, consolidating staff costs, analyzing variance and preparing materials for both internal and external reviews
- Liaising with Accounting and Payroll to investigate the variances between actual and forecast and providing commentary for month end close
- Collaborating with HR to understand new policy changes and their impacts on staff costs
- Drive process excellence initiative to streamline staff cost planning.
Other FP&A Duties
- Provide support to the team during the preparation of the company’s budgeting cycles
- Support the FP&A Manager and the business controllers in ad hoc projects and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a finance role with exposure to financial analysis, revenue and expense forecasting; staff cost controlling will be considered a plus
- Experience in P&L management, reporting, reconciliation, and validation
- Experience in Audit will be considered a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and financial modelling
- Comfortable with problem solving and the mentality to try and fail and try again; “think outside the box” approach
- Able to work under pressure and with strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and ensure their completion
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Organized and shows attention to detail with sharp analytical skills
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Financial Analyst. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.