In this role, you will be part of a team of Reporting Analysts and will have the exciting opportunity to explore the different functions in Operations Finance working closely with the Global Finance Operations Management. You will be helping other teams within the department by providing them with insights based on data and supporting them in making data-driven decision to drive process improvement across GFO. The successful candidate will be an important member of a team focused on developing reporting and analytics solutions to include identifying and trending opportunities to improve our overall customer experience.
As a Reporting Analyst, it is your responsibility to understand the business needs of your stakeholders, formulate the right questions and find an answer using large data sets. You are able to interpret the data you’ve gathered, identify trends, organize and present data in a meaningful way. You have excellent communication skills and are able to translate your findings into the business language of your stakeholders.
We are looking for highly motivated people who can work independently, adapt quickly and who are interested in learning new skills. In this role you will be able to grow rapidly and tackle new challenges as your skill set evolves, while making a great contribution to Booking.com’s success.
– Liaise with several teams within the Global Finance Operations (Accounts Payable, Receivables, Procurement and Travel & Expense) and Credit Control Department, understand their business needs and translate them into meaningful, actionable data analysis and reports
– Review, compare and verify the data, gaps, report findings and risks to the Finance Operations Analytics Manager
– Identify and improve current reports and dashboard based on stakeholder needs
– Analyze data, drive to root cause issue, identify trends, problem solve and provide key recommendations based on analysis
– Support development and further automation within the team
– Perform routine and ad-hoc reports and provide relevant action points to Global Finance Operations Management
– Analyze Accounting Operations KPIs, explain variances and discrepancies and look into collection trend
– Ability to deal with senior stakeholders and lead analytical feedback sessions
– Work with business partners to define and document business requirements for reporting and analytics projects
– Present analysis and interpretation for operational and business review and planning
– Effectively engage and partner with cross – functional teams to create and deliver solutions
– Support short and long term operational / strategic business activities through analysis and by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models
– Develop recommended business solutions through research and analysis of data and business process and implement when appropriate
– Excellent attention to detail with swift execution
– University degree in of the following Accounting, Controlling, Business Administration, Economics and Financial Management
– You’re data-driven, have technical affinity and possess a strong business sense
– A proven track record of 2+ years in a relevant role
– Significant experience performing business analysis (end-to-end, from design to end user) and requirement documentation
– Effective data analysis and interpretation skills, able to draw and present quantitative conclusions
– Experience gathering requirements from the business and documenting
– Proficiency with SAP, MS Access, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Business Warehouse
– Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills including influencing, collaborating and listening skills
– Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in writing and orally to individuals and groups
– Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills with ability to balance multiple priorities
Preferred Qualifications- Experience SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Finance Operations Reporting Analyst. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.