Booking.com, part of The Priceline Group listed in NASDAQ, is a market leader in online hotel reservations in Europe. Since 1996 our Finance Team has expanded to more than 700+ financial professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam, the company’s global headquarters. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength and is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
Booking.com B.V. in Amsterdam (the company behind Booking.com) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing accommodation markets.
You have a curious mind and challenge the status quo? You are continuously looking for ways to improve the current processes, looking for better ways to use resources and to work smarter? The Global Finance Solutions & Processes Team is looking for a Finance Process and Innovation Specialist with a focus on the accounting operations for the Purchase to Pay cycle and SAP related processes.
You will have the opportunity to contribute towards implementing new processes, system functionality and supporting the accounting operations team globally in working more efficiently. In this role you will be continuously looking for ways to improve the current processes by involving the teams and asking critical questions. Your critical mindset, ability to multi-task and clear communication with different stakeholders is crucial.
You will work closely with the operational teams to understand their SAP-related needs and issues, while also helping to increase their knowledge and usage of the SAP system. You will work with colleagues and the Finance Systems team involved in the Purchase to Pay processes, using applications like SAP and ReadSoft, to enhance SAP system functionality and process optimization and usability. Part of your job is to be the first line of SAP support for the operation teams.
We are looking for a person who is able to take end to end ownership and drive a project from start to finish including the testing and implementation phase. Your experience in working with different departments and gaining commitment from people to your project is key for your success.
It is important that this candidate has experience with SAP, has a background in finance operations and has an agile mindset. Experience with systems like SAP and/or Readsoft is a big advantage. Project related experience and ability to work with cross functional teams is preferable.
- Be actively involved in continuous process improvement within Global Finance Operations, with a focus on process automation and IT/ERP systems (e.g. Purchase to Pay area)
- Mapping process flows and identify improvement opportunities.
- Contact point for Global Finance Operations and the Financial Systems team and 3rd parties and review improvement opportunities together with them
- Assess current system functionality (i.e. SAP/ Readsoft ), in terms of operational impact
- Support Management by providing insight and reporting that assist with KPI/OKR setting and Roadmap prioritization.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, such as the teams in finance operations to understand system & training needs
- Connect with user groups (Super Users, Team Leaders) and Financial Systems Team.
- Coordinate the technical improvements with regional Super Users & SAP team
- Support review & automation of internal control measures
- Focus on simplification and scalability
- Ensure process compliance while improving quality of output produced by the team
- Identifying “waste and bottlenecks” within current processes and helping guiding managers on how to successfully eliminate them
- Build relationships with cross functional teams to identify process impact and ensure information & priorities are clear, complete and accurate.
- Being able to assess impact on accounting and compliance are KEY!
- 1st level support the team build/develop and retain knowledge & skills base;
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to the various stakeholders
- Manage ad hoc issues, projects and assignments
- Real team player and bring the energy to the team to drive change and execution power.
- End to End ownership is critical, should be persistent and have sense of urgency
- Experience in leading process improvement or automation in finance is a must
- Ability to work independently, self-motivation and discipline
- In depth SAP user experience
- Knowledge of processes and applications like ReadSoft are a big plus
- Accounting certification is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English. This includes working knowledge of technical skills in order to effectively communicate concerns, proposals and recommendations via Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Creative & critical thinker, able to think in processes.
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Internationally focused and an awareness of different cultures
- Agile mindset
- P2P Operational or Project experience required.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Finance Innovation Specialist (P2P). Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.