As a Director of Product (Shanghai), you are responsible for leading a track of self steering teams and support Booking.com with developing its products in China and constantly innovate to delight its customers.
Booking.com’s vision is to empower people to experience the world. Wherever its customers go and whatever they do, they book it with Booking.com.
With over 1.5 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5 million+ accommodations worldwide, Booking.com’s daily mission is to make travel, experience and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere. As the business is constantly growing, we are looking for a Director of Product to join our team, impact the users on a daily basis and take the product to the next level.
Who are you?
● You are a smart, hands-on and creative people manager with natural leadership skills, with 10+ years of experience
● You are a fiercely user-focused individual, who keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do, while having strong commercial awareness and vision for your product area
● An innovative driver of product strategy
● Passionate about product development and constantly looking for ways to improve it
● You are data driven and analytical, but not paralysed by it
What will you do?
● You will be responsible for the product roadmap in China and ensure its alignment with Booking.com’s business and overall its company objectives
● You need to drive and lead the strategic direction of your track in China, also for non product activities, and challenge the direction of other teams
● You will orchestrate and be ultimately responsible for projects and products within your track, and be able to define track core KPI(s)
● Manage and mentor the existing product team members and expand the team as needed
● Ensure that our product organization has the capacity to provide validated, high value work for our engineering team to deliver
● Work closely with the head of engineering to identify valuable ways to deploy new technologies
● Collaborate and work cross-functionally with the marketing, PS, and customer services teams and address stakeholder concerns
● You will contribute in the strategic direction of China BU
● You will contribute to the growth of China BU through interviewing, onboarding, or other recruitment efforts
● 7+ years of Product Leadership Experience with high traffic (100,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce sites
● Experience with managing and coaching teams of senior product managers/product owners
● Experience leading product departments (vision and KPIs/objectives setting, ideation and implementation process, team alignment with business goals)
● Experience with guiding the creation process of native apps, mobile solutions and social channels
● Experience with stakeholder management (finance, budgeting, team management, recruitment, external customers)
● Fluent in Mandarin and English
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume in English.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Director of Product. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.