As a Development Manager, you are responsible for leading a group of self steering teams who do development and maintenance of our web based systems. We hire the best and the brightest professionals, and we empower individuals rather than restrict them.
Your role is to support your teams and help them to grow toward their goals. You can hold your own in a technical argument, but you know getting out of the way is often the best option. You get things done via influence not authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to build the best for our customers. You work closely with our product owners to ensure we are always working towards what’s most important for our customers. And you take full end to end responsibility for your area.
- Lead a growing group of agile development teams (5+ teams of ~5 people each)
- Coach and develop team leads as well as team members
- Attract, hire, develop and retain IT talent from around the world
- Work closely with Product Owners and Senior Product Owners
- Organize team structure to achieve strategic business priorities
- Support team leads in solving problems and issues within the team
- Act as an intermediary for complaints and problems
- Manage performance of teams and individuals reporting to you
- 3+ years experience in Agile coaching/leadership
- 3+ years experience in a leadership or managerial role
- 3+ years experience indirect management (managing other managers)
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent, pragmatic and pro-active work attitude
- Background in a technical role in a development organization
- Experience working on large scale websites is a plus
- Programming background is a plus
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com BV, part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 42 languages, offers more than 500,000 hotels and accommodations in 200 countries, features 27+ million reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 17 years of experience and a team of over 8,000 dedicated employees in 115+ offices worldwide,Booking.com BV and its various support companies around the world operate an in-house customer service team, which is available 24/7 to assist guests in their native languages and ensure an exceptional customer experience. The Booking.com group offers a dynamic work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented, and believe our people and their passion is what makes us successful.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Development Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.