We are looking for a data savvy professional to join our growing Product and Marketing team based in Shanghai, China. You will be working with stakeholders throughout the company to create understanding and suggest actions based on data. If you consider yourself to be that unique hybrid of data hacker, business analyst, communicator and mentor that maintains a strong customer focus and values pragmatism over perfection, then please join us and support Booking.com BV’s #1 accommodation platform with some of the industry’s smartest people!
We work primarily in three areas: helping to improve the website, helping to improve the mobile apps, and promotion, all with local customers in mind. As a data scientist, you can expect to independently support these functions at different times, though initially your focus will be on promotion. From time to time, you will need to communicate and collaborate remotely with colleagues from Booking.com BV at our headquarters in Amsterdam, Netherlands, including a community of data scientists working on front end, content, partner support, customer service, etc.
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
- Leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain.
- Ability to see beyond the numbers, be the voice of data when communicating to decision makers, product owners and team leaders.
- Have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work.
- Act as a partner in starting, prioritizing, and executing data intensive projects
- Challenge ideas, assumptions, and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members in various roles
- Preferably 3 years of experience in a relevant role, especially in Marketing, Customer Research, and E-commerce.
- Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis, machine learning and programming. Strong working knowledge of Python, Hadoop, SQL, R and/or Excel is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Data Scientist - Shanghai. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.