Would you like to help power the AI behind Booking.com’s newest platform? The world’s largest accommodation booking website is looking for NLP experts to join our Machine Translations Team. This product team is developing a machine translation system to translate all the content on the Booking.com website.
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems.
- Transform large, complex textual datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
- Innovate Natural Language Processing algorithms to facilitate data-driven decision making and influence tangible business gain.
- Have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work.
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Prior experience with a good range of NLP techniques, including text processing, tokenization, classification, POS-tagging, named-entity recognition, parsing, annotation, regular expressions, language modeling, information extraction etc.
- Solid background in statistical learning and clustering techniques for NLP such as HMM, CRF, SVM, MaxEnt, LDA, LSI, and K-Means
- Prior experience with modern deep learning approaches to NLP, such as word / paragraph embedding and representation learning using CNN / RNN
- Experience with natural language understanding, machine translation, dialog systems or reinforcement learning is a big plus.
- Experience in building production quality and large-scale deployment of applications related to natural language processing and machine learning is a big plus.
- Publication in NLP/IR academic conferences/journals or industrial circles, such as ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, EACL, COLING, SIGIR, WWW, etc. is a big plus.
- Excellent English communication skills; the ability to convey your message to team members and other stakeholders
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. Python, Perl, and one programming language, e.g. C, C++, Java, Scala
- Hands-on experience in a deep learning toolkit such as Theano, TensorFlow, Torch.
- Proficiency in open-source NLP packages such as Stanford CoreNLP, NLTK, Gensim, Spacy, OpenNLP, etc.
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases
- Worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Implemented multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Data Scientist - NLP in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.