Would you like to help power the AI behind Booking.com’s newest platform? The world’s largest accommodation booking website is looking for NLP experts to join our Messaging Track within the Front End department. This product development team is developing a chatbot to power the full customer purchase and service journey, all the way through the stay.
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems.
- Transform large, complex textual datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
- Innovate Natural Language Processing algorithms to facilitate data-driven decision making and influence tangible business gain.
- Have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work.
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Prior experience with text classification using Support Vector Machines, Convolutional Neural Networks, Word Embeddings.
- Prior experience with sequence labeling or information extraction using Recurrent Neural Networks, Conditional Random Fields, Hidden Markov Models.
- Experience with natural language understanding, dialog systems or reinforcement learning is a big plus.
- Excellent English communication skills; the ability to convey your message to team members and other stakeholders
- Prior experience with some of the following techniques: Expectation Maximization, Graphical Models, Bayesian Networks, Representation Learning
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. Python, Perl, and one programming language, e.g. C, C++, Java, Scala
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases
- Worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Implemented multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Data Scientist - NLP in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.