Data Scientist – Machine Learning (Tel Aviv)
Would you like to translate terabytes of data into unforgettable holidays for millions of people around the globe? We are looking for rock star Data Scientists!
This group of experts crunches endless amounts of data to provide Booking.com users with the best possible experience. It works on all parts of the business: ranking and personalized recommendations, fraud prediction, return prediction in marketing, image understanding, machine translation, and voice and dialogue systems.
The Data Scientists at Booking.com support all areas of the business: Customer Service, our Hotel Partners, Front End, Security… Even Booking.com’s newer products like Booking Home and Business Bookers. Your challenge will be utilizing the petabyte scale data to support business decisions and improve products. Joining a cross functional team of developers, designers, and product owners, we invite you to help us crunch the data to ensure Booking.com as the planet’s #1 accommodation site. You will have full ownership of your work – supporting the initial idea-generation phase to the implementation of the final product on our website. Our ideal candidate is result- focused, innovative and has solid quantitative background and a good business understanding.
- Work in a multi-disciplined team where you take ownership of the modelling part of turning data into customer experience improvements. This means using data to generate or validate hypotheses about improvement opportunities, building the models that make these improvements happen and following up on feedback generated by millions of customers.
- Use the autonomy teams have and test hypotheses early and often on suitable parts of our traffic.
- Actively contribute to taking Data Science at Booking.com to the next level
B.skilled – Required
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer
- Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. R, Octave, and one programming language, e.g. Python, Perl, C/C++, Java
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases
- The ability to train elementary machine learning models, to select the right tool or the right task and to judge when a model is good enough for a particular purpose
- An all-around data scientist: strong statistics background, experience in algorithm programming, experimentation, data visualization, machine learning, optimization and big data
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all stakeholder levels
B.skilled – Preferred
- Experience implementing a real-world Recommender or Ranking system
- Worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Implemented multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment
- Experience solving real problems using machine learning techniques and with statistical rigor
- Prior practical experience with the elementary machine learning models such as logistic regression and random forests, and experience with one more other areas such as: (Deep) Neural Networks, Natural language processing Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Game Theory, Mechanism Design, Latent Dirichlet Allocation.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. Technology has regular hackathons or what we call “exploration days”, trainings and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open only to candidates that are already based in Israel.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Data Scientist Machine Learning in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.