Would you like to translate terabytes of data into the best Revenue Management system in the hospitality industry? Booking.com, the world’s largest accommodation booking website, is looking for rock star Data Scientists to join its Algorithm team within the BookingSuite project.
Within BookingSuite, the Algorithm team crunches endless amounts of highly heterogeneous data to provide hoteliers with the most accurate pricing and inventory recommendations. They aim at providing tens of thousands properties with the best Revenue Management System on the market, bringing the latest technologies and optimization techniques to the field.
As a Data Scientist you’ll work side by side with Developers, Designers and Product Owners, and take full ownership of your work – from the initial idea generation phase to the implementation of the final product. Our ideal candidate is result-focused, innovative and has solid quantitative background and a good business understanding.
- Work in a multi-disciplined team where you’ll take full ownership of turning discoveries and ideas into mathematical models.
- Monitor all our outputs to create and improve our recommendations.
- Be proactive to bring additional value to our product and always question the way we do things.
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field: Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, etc.
- Prior experience and deep understanding (theory, performance, bias, complexity…) of the following fields:
- probabilistic and statistical modeling
- convex / linear / non linear programming,
- stochastic processes, optimization and simulation,
- dynamic programming,
- machine learning (clustering, semi-supervised / reinforcement learning)
- Excellent English communication skills; the ability to convey your message to team members and other stakeholders
The following technical skills are a must:
- Experience with at least one programming language, e.g. Python, C/C++, Java
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases
The following technical skills are nice to haves:
- Experience implementing a real-world Dynamic Pricing or Revenue Management system
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. IT also has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
Booking.com BV, part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 42 languages, offers more than 500,000 hotels and accommodations in 200 countries, features 27+ million reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. The Booking.com group has over 8,500 dedicated employees in 165+ offices and offers a dynamic work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented. We believe our people and their passion is what makes us successful.