Within the Strategic Partnerships team of Booking.com we are looking for an enthusiastic team member to take care of data analysis and performance management for our online advertising campaigns. The role requires an analytical mindset and a hands-on attitude. Moreover you are results-oriented, flexible and eager to acquire new skills and knowledge.
It is important that you have good statistical knowledge, strong analytical insight, and some programming background.
This role requires a highly motivated and result-focused individual with solid business understanding. A successful candidate for this role will have a range of technical skills and be proficient in turning data discoveries into profitable solutions and measurable improvements.
- Analyze performance of existing advertising campaigns.
- Make informed CPC bid changes to these campaigns (algorithmic bidding).
- Identify data trends that will help us increase overall performance.
- Structure advertising campaign tracking to facilitate data extraction.
- Combine internal data with 3rd party data to explore new opportunities.
- Proactively expand advertising scope of campaigns where feasible.
- Assist with various reporting and data analysis requests.
- At least two years of work experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Passionate about working with data.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize.
- Result-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of statistics – especially how to interpret and action results.
- Knowledge of standard SQL.
- MS Excel proficiency. VBA experience is a plus.
- Education level M.Sc. or higher, preferably with a specialization in statistics, computer science, natural science, mathematics, engineering, or finance -- OR a technical B.Sc. with 3+ years increasingly challenging analytical work experience.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience with R statistical language for data manipulation and visualization.
- Experience with Hive (Hadoop query language) or other Big Data technologies.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics solutions.
- Awareness of Linux/Unix OS and utilities.
- Experience with PPC campaign optimization