Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com is offering a unique opportunity for an Analyst to join our Emerging Markets Team based in Amsterdam.
Booking.com has a strong tradition in data-driven innovation, which is achieved through experimentation and data science. In this role you will be responsible for numerous high-impact projects aimed at measuring marketing effectiveness. Projects may include (but not limited to) using econometric models to measure the ROI of Brand activities, development of sophisticated attribution models, execution of complex experimental designs and estimations of cross-device effects on marketing activities.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing metrics and reporting to drive business understanding, build high-quality data sources and support business stakeholders with actionable insights. You will examine current processes, lead the team through process redesign and retooling to transform area of responsibility.
The output of your work will be used at the highest levels of the company to help inform the marketing strategy for the future of Booking.com. You would work closely with a team of highly skilled analysts and data scientists with complementary skills to drive business growth through different marketing channels.
A team player with a self-starting approach, you must have gravitas and the ability to get things done. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
- Complete cycle of gathering, checking, cleaning and using our data.
- Develop insightful metrics, dashboards, reports and insights for the business leadership.
- Provide process improvements for all processes
- Build scalable models including to support continued company growth in all Emerging Markets
- Establish and track metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Emerging Markets projects.
- Develop relationships with other analytics, science and business teams within the company.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience solving problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor
- Bachelors, Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, economics, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis and statistics
- Working knowledge in programming/scripting (SQL and either Python or R, Bash, Matlab…)
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus.
- Communication skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- change maker and discerning analytical thinker, take ownership of high-impact projects in a hyper-growth company.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Data Analyst - Emerging Markets in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.