Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com is offering a unique opportunity for an Analyst to join our Content Agency Department, based in Amsterdam.
The Data Analyst role is key in building a robust analytics framework that enables data-driven decision making by developing performance indicators, optimizing data capture processes and building scalable analytics tools that offer actionable insight into the performance of the operational teams as well as technical products e.g Machine Translation and Auto-generated content to the management as well other levels of the organization. In addition, Data Analyst supports on connectivity and data flow integrations with third-party platforms, drives API testing with software vendors, and builds requirements as well as offers recommendations for vendor selection.
This role is critical for the organization as it provides the most crucial insights and supports change management with data engineering large datasets, building workflows, automating processes and reporting, and establishing API connections that facilitate efficiency and scalability.
- Lead analytically-driven problem-solving sessions to develop actionable business insights and recommendations to the management
- Ensure that data is properly received, transformed, stored, and made accessible
- Designing key metrics that quantify the success of product initiatives and business health
- Build and maintain scaled self-service analytics tools for hundreds of users worldwide in Tableau
- Develop databases through data engineering and transformation in Hadoop and MySQL
- Design and develop a robust centralized data warehouse for the content agency
- Product-own data collection that enable efficient data capture and improve data quality
- Design and implement decision making tools that enable data-driven decision making
- Monitor data and information management processes to ensure data quality and consistency
- Support operational teams in capacity planning, forecasting and resource planning with automated reporting solutions
- Identify new data sources, perform data discovery to understand data values and relationships
- Actively use key data findings to give business advice to operational managers
- Proven experience in conducting analyses and building new models with an operational / commercial focus
- Experience with Tableau or similar BI tool (Data Studio, Power BI, …)
- Experience working with big data (experience in SQL, Hadoop, or BigQuery)
- Working knowledge in programming/scripting (Python, R, SQL, Bash, Matlab…)
- Working knowledge of API integrations is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
- Fluent level of written and spoke English is required
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Data Analyst - Content Agency in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.