Cyber Security Analyst
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented. Our scale, scope, commitment to people, and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
As a Cyber Security Analyst you will work as a member of the Security Operations Center (SOC) team, responsible for the execution of investigative analysis, incident response, continuous improvement, and post incident review activities. The SOC team covers a wide range of security disciplines, from alert triage to performing deep forensic analysis and reporting of the firm’s operational security posture. As a member of this team, you will participate in the defense of one of the world’s leading e-commerce organizations and have the opportunity to learn, and develop skills in a truly world leading and innovative security practice.
- Support identification and resolution of vulnerabilities
- Analyze data sets and support alert and response activities
- Provide data driven insights into improvement opportunities for security operations workflow design
- Interface with other security teams and assist with general IT security as required
- Perform root cause analysis of moderate to highly complex security issues
- Help stakeholders to determine the best course of action to remedy the problem
- Ensure the ongoing core objectives of the SOC are accomplished and measurable
- Monitor the SLA of security operations
- Recommend new policies and procedures to management and compliance
- Actively participate in our goal of continuously improving our technology and techniques to enhance detection and response capabilities
- 5+ years working in security practices (CSIRT/SOC experience preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding regarding computer security concepts at both technical and procedural level
- Robust understanding of IT fundamentals across networking (such as HTTP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP etc.), system, and application layers
- Experience using advanced Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools for complex incident analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to share knowledge, mentor peers, and to communicate effectively with different stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with relevant industry certification (CISSP, CISM, SANS, OSCP
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.