Booking.com, part of The Priceline Group listed in NASDAQ, is a market leader in online hotel reservations in Europe. Since 1996 our Finance Team has expanded to more than 500 financial professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam, the company’s global headquarters. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength and is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
Booking.com B.V. in Amsterdam (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing accommodation markets.
Does a successful career to you mean challenges and delivering results? We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work. If you would like to be part of our team, if you think you can make a difference, have a closer look at this job opening.
The role: As a Credit Controller you manage a portfolio of accounts. In this role you will be responsible for the Greek speaking markets. You will ensure that invoices are paid in accordance with the agreed payment terms and that queries are resolved efficiently; through the development of sound working relationships both internally and externally.
- Drive and monitor daily Credit Control activities (including debtor administration);
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts to settle balances immediately in full;
- Monitor overdue debtors, identify and action significant collection risk issues and minimize overall DSO;
- Communicate proactively and clearly with internal and external customers on significant issues to indicate progress and to resolve issues;
- Ensure that allocation issues are handled satisfactorily by working closely with the Cash Team;
- Actively note and document customer payment issues and communications;
- Be proactive in increasing the number of accounts that pay by Direct Debit, where available;
- Perform in accordance with business policy and procedures;
- Handle ad hoc issues and projects, whenever required.
- Previous experience from collection or Credit Control is a plus
- Nearly native level Greek and fluent English speaker
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills (in all levels of business)
- Strong negotiating skills – Able to negotiate assertively when required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Analytical – Able to identify risks;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team – Strong team player;
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Please note we can only consider candidates we are already living in the Netherlands and who are eligible to work.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits.
Booking.com BV, part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 42 languages, offers more than 500,000 hotels and accommodations in 200 countries, features 27+ million reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 17 years of experience and a team of over 8,000 dedicated employees in 115+ offices worldwide,Booking.com BV and its various support companies around the world operate an in-house customer service team, which is available 24/7 to assist guests in their native languages and ensure an exceptional customer experience. The Booking.com group offers a dynamic work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented, and believe our people and their passion is what makes us successful.