A Booking.com Credit Controller is responsible for the oversight of a portfolio of accounts. The Credit Controller supports Booking.com BV by being a main point of contact for its customers for all invoice related issues. The Credit Controller is expected to build strong relationships with Booking.com’s customers and business partners in an effort to ensure all invoices are paid to the terms of Booking.com BV’s hotel contract. Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Support Booking.com BV with collecting Open Invoices
- Implements scalable solutions
- Cross functional Communication and collaboration
- Support of Booking.com BV with increasing growth of the company
- Assist with the improvement of cycle times like DSO, Cash allocation and Delivery of invoices
Thanks to these tasks, the Credit Controller will acquire an in-depth knowledge of Booking’s business and internal organization and will prepare themselves for a broader role.
Key factors of success in this role are a good understanding of the business priorities, strong communication skills and, above all, the capacity to implement projects and reach the pre-set objectives. To do this, the Credit Controller will
- Drive progress through simple and targeted action plans. Implement short term loops of progress (tackle the issues one by one at a high pace)
- Create best practices and share with Peers
- Be a business partner with the Partner Services team
- Create an out of the box mind set to support Booking.com BV with improving customer payment behavior
- Assist Booking.com BV by being an owner of Key Performance Indicators like DSO, % received cash, within 30 days, 60 days and 90 days.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies and applicable governmental regulations.
- Liaise with peers across the business to create successful roll outs
- Planning skills
- Managing and developing yourself
- Technical knowledge of collections software
- Strategic/Longer term contribution
Skills & competencies:
- Ability to proactively drive the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives
- Excellent communication and transversal management skills
- Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy
- Understanding of business practices and systems
- Facilitate and practice security and confidentiality of information
- Good knowledge of PC software applications
- Quality improvement skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning credit control. Requires the ability to change the thinking, mindset of or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
Candidates must currently be authorized to work in the US. Support for a Work Visa will not be provided.
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a Credit Controller - Grand Rapids. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.