Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Servicios de Booking.com Mexico S.A. de C.V., one of the support companies in Mexico, is looking for a Coordinator in Mexico City.
As a Coordinator your main task will be to provide support in building the hotel webpages and training the new hotels on how using Booking.com’s extranet and systems can improve their availability and supply. You will also provide support to Booking.com with new hotels, contacting, informing and advising them about how to meet the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website. Furthermore you will offer support to the Account Managers with various tasks at the office.
This full-time position will be based in our Mexico City office.
- Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions and the Account Managers are unavailable;
- Providing support to hotels or Booking.com BV in building the webpage for hotels and/or maintaining hotel information on the Booking.com website;
- Verify that the website has accurate information on hotels and pictures of newly registered hotels;
- Delivering training to new hotels on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Advise hotels regarding their webpages on the Booking.com website and how they can amend data with respect to supply, availability, specials, promotions;
- Providing hotels with information and advice by mail and email, including follow-ups;
- Looking after IT/administrative related tasks;
- In consultation with the Account Managers, provide information support to Booking.com for new hotels;
- Liaise with hotels to ensure information is up to date;
- Check statistics in the control room and follow up;
- You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
- Fluent English and Spanish speaker and writer;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred.
- You already have a work permit to work in Mexico.