Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com Japan K.K., one of the support companies in the country, is looking for a Coordinator in Fukuoka or Naha (Okinawa).
As a Coordinator your main task will be to provide support to new and existing accommodation partners, contacting, informing and advising them about how to meet the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website. You will also build the hotel webpages and training the new hotels on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and how to use the systems that can improve their availability and supply. Furthermore you will offer support to the Account Managers with various tasks at the office. This fulltime position will be based in our Fukuoka or Naha (Okinawa) office.
· Day-to-day pro-active communication with partners in your region by telephone, by internal messaging and occasionally in person to assist with the development of our business;
· Building productive relationships with partners to ensure that they offer the best availability and rate structure;
· Identify commercial opportunities for partners that will help improve business by using our internal tool of priority setting;
· First point of contact for key local accommodation partners, answering questions and queries, taking action as needed;
· Participation in weekly team learning in your office;
· Advise accommodation partners regarding their (potential)webpages on the Booking.com website and how they can amend data with respect to supply, availability, specials, promotions;
· Liaison person for properties to contact when they have commercial questions by phone and the Account Managers are unavailable;
· Providing support to properties or Booking.com BV in building the webpage for accommodations and/or maintaining property information on the Booking.com website;
· Verify that the website has accurate information on properties and pictures of newly registered accommodations;
· Delivering training by phone to new and or existing properties on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and rates & availability system;
· Providing properties with information and advice mainly by phone, including follow-ups;
· Looking after IT/administrative related tasks;
· In consultation with the Account Managers, provide information support to Booking.com for new and existing accommodations;
· Conduct daily/weekly rate and availability checks on various platforms;
· Assist in the preparation of market visits, operational planning and projects;
· Support Customer Service, assisting in additional tasks and projects when needed
· You will also need to be versatile, flexible and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines/changes from Booking.com BV.
· Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
· Fluent English and Japanese speaker and writer;
· Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus;
· Pro-active, sense of responsibility and can work independently;
· Ability to persuade and convince partners on the phone to implement suggestions;
· Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
· Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
· Business focused;
· Positive attitude;
· Hotel School or University background preferred.
· You already have a work permit to work in Japan.