Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH, one of the support companies in Germany, is looking for an English Content Editor in Berlin. As a Content Editor, you will create commercial content for accommodations on Booking.com, maintain up-to-date information and monitor content quality.You will be in contact with properties and our Hotels Department on a daily basis in order to validate information and acquire content essentials (photos, room features etc). It is crucial that you can communicate in German and are able to sell the importance of content for increased bookings.Your goal will be to promote each hotel in the most attractive – yet objective and concise – way, in order to persuade people to book rooms through our website. You will create copy using all available resources, including customer reviews. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a good understanding of the hotel industry, a customer mindset and a passion for e-commerce.This is a full-time position based at our Berlin office.Main responsibilities:
- Create, review and continually improve commercial web-copy in English that accurately reflects the character and facilities of the property, resulting in maximum reservations;
- Ensure web page content is maintained to the highest quality;
- Collect essential content by contacting properties and working with the local sales team;
- Day-to-day commercial communication with properties by telephone and e-mail.
- Experience of creating commercial content and writing/editing in English;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Near native level English and fluent German speaker and writer;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, basic photo editing and Internet);
- Quick and resourceful desktop researcher;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys working in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, and can work independently;
- A goal-oriented team player;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus;
- You possess a valid work permit for Germany for at least 12 months.